And by that, we mean consistent coffee quality and consistent reliability from your machine.
If you want to take full advantage of that fancy espresso blend you’re buying (or roasting), your espresso machine, grinder, and water quality must be regularly maintained.
Below are the basic steps for success. Contact us for more information regarding the proper maintenance schedule for your equipment.
- Backflush the espresso machine with Cafiza at the end of every day, no exceptions.
- Replace o-rings and gaskets in a preventative manner—before they cause the dreaded "downtime."
- Clean the doser nightly.
- Wash the grinder hopper weekly to remove oils that could be turning rancid as you read this.
- Make sure the hopper is completely dry before pouring new beans into it.
- Replace grinder burrs annually, or after grinding around 1,000 pounds o fcoffee.
Water Filtration and Softening:
- Make sure the espresso machine receives a soft water supply.
- Change water filters every six months, or at least once a year in low volume situations.
Espresso Services provides, quick, convenient coffee equipment service. Contact us to learn more.